For all the new players starting their that don't want to beg for their first gold, here's another edition of 1G plz!
One of the biggest money sinks at lowerlevels, and through out the game is gear.
People and certainly new players think that they need the latest and greatest... you couldnt be farther from the truth...
If we just level, with some instances you'll probably be wearing gear that lies in the range of up to date and outdated 10lvls ago.. well i'm here to say: this aint a big deal! One of the prime examples is: Delzoun (Ravenholdt EU) he's a lvl 45 prot tank, who dungeons a bit while lvling. if you'll look at his armory page you can see he's not wearing the latest and greatest gear, hell my chest is a quest item from lvl30 (okaj, a blue Q item, with awesome stats but still).
I tank throughout dungeons with "outdated" gear, and still i have to see my first wipe with him. Granted i have died a few times in instances, but always managed to save the group. This is just to say: You dont need Expensive gear! quest for it, then dungeon for the rest, and you'll be geared in no time.
A few very important tips:
- Don't be sad if your still have a white or grey item the first 15-20 lvls, just look at the following tip.
- really really need gear? => dungeons!
- remember: you don't need that extra +1 intellect, its only 0.03% crit and 15mana! take a look at your spells... what costs less then 100mana at lvl40? nothing! So that 1% intellect increase won't matter!
- Sell your green gear that you find and don't use at the AH! remember others are still dumb enough to buy it. (only list it once though! and don't overcharge it)
- don't buy new armor when you can wear mail/plate at lvl40!
- Sell all your mail/plate items from lvl40-46!!! (great, great cash!)
-if a blue or purple item drops and its BoE don't you dare to equip it! it'll be outdated in 5lvls instead of 3 so just sell it on the AH and youll have enough gold (or more) for your mount! (believe me i once did this with: bow of searing arrows)
Yes, i know this post doesn't "teach" you how to make money, but it will save you about 100G+ through out the first lvls, so i made you money anyway HAH! Seriously, these tips will make you money, though you won't "see" it, youll be a gold richer for every equipment slot every level.
That's it for today, stay tuned!
PS: An "AH-config" movie will hopefully be made this weekend.
A fortune starts with one copper!
Art, hobby and "cool" ... nope, its corruption
9 hours ago